Why Turkish Market?
Some facts about Turkey
Turkey is a quickly-developing country, with the youngest population ratio in Europe. The country is working towards being in the top 15 economies of the World by 2020; and now, more than ever there is a large market for a skilled, educated, globally-minded current and future workforce.
This translates into a strong need for education, however the education system in Turkey is lacking space for all of the enthusiastic students seeking to advance academically. Because of this, families and prospective students are looking outside of Turkey for viable study options, to plan for the future.
By the year 2020 the population of Turkey will have reached 80 million, with almost 60% of this population under 30 years old. 70% of the total 30 million households will be middle class living in urbanized areas, thus, one of their main priorities will be to provide an excellent education for their children. There are around 1.5 million secondary school graduates, 500,000 of which do not have the chance to study at a university in Turkey, therefore they are very enthusiastic about having an overseas education.
- 102 State universities
- 75 Foundation (Private) universities in Turkey and 5 in Northern Cyprus
There are approximately:
- 2.7 million undergraduate students
- 135,000 post graduate students
- 35,000 doctoral degree students at 177 universities
There are approximately;
- State Primary and Medium Schools; 40,000, Student number; 12,000,000
- State High Schools; 8,000 Student number; 4,000,000
- Private Primary, Medium and High Schools; 2,000 Student number; 300,000
The statistics of the Turkish Students studying abroad per year;
USA; 11, 000
UK; 20,000 (including summer language students)
Germany; 25,000 (including Turks who live in Germany)
TOTAL: Over 80,000 Students
(Source: Turkish Education Ministry 2010)